Friday, March 9, 2012

"Car Guards" & Beggars


I have a secret pet peeve!

My pet peeve are unofficial “car guards” and beggars!  It’s not much of a secret to those who are friends with me on FB, as they’ve all seen my recent posts.  We’ve had hassles around my workplace with drunk behaviour, fighting (two car guards were literally trying to take shots at each other right behind a car trying to get out of the parking bay!!), begging and public urination. 

The minute I see them, I get angry inside.  I can’t help it.  (Not normal anger more like psycho-killer anger!).  My aim is to avoid and ignore.  I always try to run to my car and drive away without them getting to me first.  I’m almost 90% sure I’m not the only one here!  Admit it, people? We’ve all done the park ‘n dash! Innocently we walk on the sidewalk and the minute you get close to your car, you do a 90-degree turn towards the car, jump in and drive away while listening to & ignoring the “hello madam, madam, hello madam…madam…..ma’daaaaaam”).  I. Know. You’ve. Done. It. Too!

In a couple of instances I’ve had to tell myself just to drive away because if I didn’t, I would have gotten out and bitch-slapped someone or possibly even driven over someone.  I’ll give you a couple of examples:

  1. One fateful day I was too slow in getting to my car and as I opened my door there was a guy standing right next to me.  I didn’t have money on me and I tried to pull out.  He purposefully stood in front of my car in such a way that I couldn’t get out the parking.  I simply kept inching my car forward in such a way as not to hurt him and I was able to successfully pull out into traffic.  Just before I pulled off he turned to me and shouted “F*ck you!”;
  2.  At another time, a similar thing happened and this time the “car guard” pounded on my car as I drove away.

Now these guys didn’t have any green vest on at the time, so how do I know they’re not just pocketing the money to support their drinking habit?

In another case, a homeless beggar was trying to pilfour money from some people and when they said “no” he replied with a: “your p0*s!”.  WOW!  In this case the driver did reverse into him (I wasn’t the driver, unfortunately).  It was a  soft bump too but just enough to make him realise he can’t go around cursing at people because they refuse to give him money.

I’m sorry but far too many people in this country are standing with their hands out asking for money.  Whether they are pretending to be car guards or if they are simply begging.  What I can’t stand is that they continue to harass you even if you’ve said: “no, sorry” or “no, thank you” a million times.  I hate it when people get up in my personal space.  I hate it when people don’t listen to me the first time and continue to beg.  I hate the fact that everyone has this “expectation” or “attitude of entitlement”.

So that’s my rant for today.  I don’t know if I’ll ever be cured of my problem, but hopefully one day I’ll successfully be able to completely ignore them the way they ignore my “no, thank you’s” so effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment