Thursday, March 8, 2012

What's with Hollywood and Divorce?


I wrote this when Brangelina were still a new-ish item...

I’ve been hesitant to give comment regarding the whole “Brangelina” saga because I feel that the media is already saturated with stories, malicious rumours and straightforward senseless gossip regarding the above.  However, I’m getting tired of holding my tongue.  I really wish that I could buy ONE issue of any leading magazine without a story which features either Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Aniston/Vince Vaughn.  The media has made SUCH hype about the divorce of Brad and Jen and the subsequent relationship between Brad and Angie.  My exact sentiments are: “Who cares?!?!”.  Last time I checked, even marriages in the “real world” failed.  Every year.  Everyday.  Spouses cheat on each other.  Feelings get hurt.  Divorces ensue.  Families and people are devastated.  I feel that there comes a point when enough is enough and I don’t know about you, but I reached that point pretty quickly after the stories started coming out.

It seems that in “Tinseltown”, marriage is used more as a publicity stunt than for ‘deep, meaningful, lets-grow-old-together, his-and-her-towels L…O…V…E’.  Just to drop a few names of people who were married and divorced within a few months (if not hours) are: Renee Zellwiger and Kenny Chesney (all girls secretly want to marry country-western singers), Britney Spears and Jason Alexander, and countless others I’m sure.

What’s with Hollywood?  Do people check in their ability to commit at the door when they enter the world of stardom & fame?  Or is it just because their lives are under constant scrutiny by the paparazzi that we seem to notice their inability to commit more?

All I know is that if you ever plan on having a successful marriage, Tinseltown is NOT the place for you!!

Outty...

No comments:

Post a Comment